[gmx-users] On the ussing of different equilibration protocols in NPT

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Sep 28 15:26:13 CEST 2014

On 9/28/14 7:41 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Thank you very much for the suggestion!
> How do you think are there any drammatic differences between different
> preassure coupling (barostats) methods implemented not only in Gromacs but
> in other md packages like amber and namd? What barostat will be better for
> memrbane protein simulation ?

I suspect if there were any "dramatic" differences in results, someone would
have published a systematic study concluding as much.

I have only ever used Gromacs for membrane systems, so I have only ever used the
Parrinello-Rahman barostat.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601