[gmx-users] minimization for final configuration

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Sep 30 12:47:49 CEST 2014

On 9/30/14 3:36 AM, Mahboobeh Eslami wrote:
> hi GMX users
> i have simulated the protein-ligand complex by gromacs for 20ns.
> The average for the final structure of 18 to 20 nanoseconds has been achieved.is minimization for the final average structure required?Sincerely.

An average structure might be totally unphysical.  Energy minimization of an
unphysical structure leads you to something that is probably useless.  I'd
suggest doing clustering if you're interested in the predominant conformation(s)
during a certain time period of the simulation.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore