[gmx-users] how to fit parameters for terminal residues in amber99sb-ildn?

sang eun jee sangeunjee at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 16:34:18 CEST 2015

Hi Yoochan

Thanks for your reply.
Actually my question was not specifically stating what I was really curious.

I know how to modify the library in AMBER99sb-ildn forcefield and pdb2gmx
worked when I modified forcefield library in a right way. However, my goal
is to simulate system with NH2 and COOH termini, not to simulate with
capping termini via NME or other capping materials. What I wondered was, If
I would like to include parameters for GLY with NH2 termini and HYP with
COOH in amber99sb-ildn library, I need to know specific parameter values
for those residues.

So, the question is, how can I derive parameters of GLY with NH2 termini
once I know the parameters of the GLY residue at the center of the chan(N-H
termini) and parameters of GLY with NH3 termini? Is there any specific rule
to derive the parameters for specific termini?

Thank you very much,

Sangeun Jee