[gmx-users] Immediate PhD Opening Computational Structural Biology Of Membrane Proteins
marawanhussain at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 02:24:45 CEST 2015
Immediate PhD Opening In Dr. Khaled Barakat’s Lab, Faculty OfPharmacy, University Of Alberta.
Specialization: Computational Structural Biology Of MembraneProteins
Term: 4 Years Fully Funded PhD Studentship
A four years fullyfunded PhD studentship is available immediately in the computational chemistryand drug discovery lab of Dr. Khaled Barakat at the Faculty of Pharmacy,University of Alberta, Canada. Successful applicants will employstate-of-the-art computational techniques and high performance computingfacilities accessible to the lab to work on the structural biology of membraneproteins.
Applicants should havegood undergraduate record in a research rich environment. They should also havestrong communication skills, and an ability to collaborate effectively.
The following qualifications are essential:
1. M.Sc. degree (or equivalent eg: first class honor) in chemistry, physics,or a related discipline (completed or near completion) as well as outstandingB.Sc. graduates (with a 3.5/4.0 or higher GPA).
2. Strong aptitudes and in depth passion in physical chemistry and inmathematics.
3. Interest in biochemistry, physiology, computer simulations.
4. Familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems and python scripting.
5. At least one first author publication in a closely related field.
6. Familiarity with computational structural biology/bioinformaticstechniques, such as homology modeling, classical MD simulation, docking, etc.
7. Experience with at least one of the software packages for atomisticbiological simulations, such as AMBER, NAMD, GROMACS is recommended.
Initial appointment will be for four years; this can be increased up to 5 yearsdepending on the availability of funding.
To apply for this position, please send your most updated CV and a briefstatement of research interests, along with the names and contact informationof at least two referees, to: Dr. Khaled Barakat (email: kbarakat at ualberta.ca)
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users