[gmx-users] Installation Error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 11 22:05:40 CEST 2015

On 4/11/15 9:19 AM, su wrote:
> Dear All I am trying to install Gromacs on ubuntu. I have followed the quick
> and dirty tutorial but when i untar the gromacs-4.6.4.tar.gz file it gives
> error that "no such file ir directory". File is located in the system , i
> dont know why it is happening. please help

If it were in the working directory, the error wouldn't come up.  This is simply
an issue with file management.  The file is not where you think it is or want it
to be.

I recommend installing the current version rather than something outdated.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore