[gmx-users] POPE lipid from Tieleman's web site, the box of xy dimension will shrink during the simulation

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 11 22:42:24 CEST 2015

Justin is right about the parameters being sub-optimal, for example see:

de Vries et al. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp0366926

which I think was the first mention of issues with the 'Berger' PE
parameters.

There are plenty of force fields out there for PE membranes (both
all-atom and united-atom) which do a much better job. If you really
really want to use Berger you can use the fudge as mentioned in this
paper to include some repulse LJ interactions on the headgroup
hydrogens. From some tests I did ages ago, I think you need a larger
repulsive force than is mentioned in the paper (which uses DOPE) to get
POPE to behave sensibly (IIRC).

Cheers

Tom

--