[gmx-users] How to add a repulsive harmonic potential

atsutoshi.okabe at takeda.com atsutoshi.okabe at takeda.com
Mon Apr 13 04:41:52 CEST 2015

Thank you for your help.
Actually, I want to predict the binding mode of ligand for protein/ligand complex during long time simulation, so I want to add only repulsive potential between ligands to avoid ligand aggregation, not fix these ligands.
The reason why I add some ligand molecules(not one ligand) in simulation is to enhance ligand sampling.

I tried using [distance_restaints] below, not use [bonds] because of domain decomposition error. Then, the MD simulation could run normally without domain decomposition error!
[ distance_restraints ]
;ai aj type index type' low up1 up2 fac
13  63  1    1     1    20   100 100 10000

However, the distance between 13 atom and 63 atom seems to be less than 20 angstrom in every steps of MD simulation.
So I tried to change the fac value from 10000 to -10000, but the distance was less than 20 angstrom during MD simulation
Why the ligands were restrained less than 20 angstrom although I think I add repulsive force between these atoms?

Bests regards,
Atsutoshi Okabe

Hi,

If it's physical, then trying to suppress it arbitrarily does not seem
likely to lead to useful observations. If it's an unphysical artefact of
the model, then fixing the model seems more appropriate.

Mark

化学研究所(B42F-4110)
 岡部 篤俊
(内線:704019、外線:0466-32-2706)