[gmx-users] adding SR2++ to charm27 force field

Ming Tang m21.tang at qut.edu.au
Wed Apr 15 05:38:02 CEST 2015

Dear Justin and mark,

I modified the files like this:

aminoacids.rtp

[ MG ]
 [ atoms ]
	MG	MG	2.00	0
[ SR ]
 [ atoms ]
	SR	SR	2.00	0

ions.itp

[ moleculetype ]
; molname   nrexcl
MG          1

[ atoms ]
; id    at type     res nr  residu name at name  cg nr  charge
1       MG          1       MG          MG       1      2

[ moleculetype ]
; molname   nrexcl
SR          1

[ atoms ]
; id    at type     res nr  residu name at name  cg nr  charge
1       SR         1       SR          SR       1      2

ffnonbonded.itp

CP1	MG	1	0.274842254546	0.051243325419
CP1     SR      1       0.310269        0.494658
whenever there is MG, I add SR.

ffnanonbonded.itp

CN7	MG	1	0.274842254546	0.051243325419
CN7     SR      1       0.310269        0.494658
whenever there is MG, I add SR.

atomtypes.atp

MG	24.305000 ;	Magnesium Ion
SR          87.62000  ;           Strontium Ion

When I copy the modified force field to the working directory,  the PDB file used to consider MG Cannot be minimised too, which works well with the original Charmm27 force field. It reminds that atomtype SR not found again.
I use ready-made pdb file and topol file for minimization.

thanks