[gmx-users] force field problem....

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 16 14:15:10 CEST 2015

On 4/16/15 7:12 AM, Kamalesh Roy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> please suggest for the topology for oleic acid..
> The information retreived after we run editconf...
>
> as a result atoms of the molecule becoming non bonded......in the box..

editconf doesn't add or remove bonds.  What you see in VMD (or whatever) is not
necessarily true (only the topology is definitive), but if the geometry is bad
then you'll get weird-looking states.  Your input coordinates could be messed up
somehow.

> 8 out of 8 lines of specbond.dat converted successfully
> Checking for duplicate atoms....
> Generating any missing hydrogen atoms and/or adding termini.
> Now there are 1 residues with 20 atoms
> Making bonds...
> No bonds
> Generating angles, dihedrals and pairs...
> Making cmap torsions...There are    0 dihedrals,    0 impropers,    0 angles
>               0 pairs,        0 bonds and     0 virtual sites

Your .rtp entry is faulty if this is the outcome.

-Justin

> Total mass 279.445 a.m.u.
> Total charge -1.000 e
> Writing topology
>
> Back Off! I just backed up oleic1.itp to ./#oleic1.itp.1#

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore