[gmx-users] Checking the existence of a hydrogen bond network

Ebert Maximilian m.ebert at umontreal.ca
Thu Apr 16 15:45:47 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I am trying to find a possibility with standard gromacs tools to verify in every frame if two residues are interconnected through a hbonds with a water molecule. My initial idea was to evaluate the hbonds of both residues per frame and write a small bash script looking for frames in which both residues hbonded with the same water molecule. However, I could’t find an option in gmx hbond to write out the hbonds per frame except for the number of hbonds per frame and a file with all partners. Before starting to have to loop over every frame individually and start gmx hbond as often as the number of frames I wanted to know if there is an easier approach to what I want to do.

Basically I want to know how long this bridge existed over the course of the simulation.

Thank you very much,

Max