[gmx-users] adding SR2++ to charm27 force field

Ming Tang m21.tang at qut.edu.au
Fri Apr 17 03:30:52 CEST 2015

Hi, Justin

I changed "CL" in my pdb file into "CLA". It can be add ions to equilibrate the charge of the system using the modified charmm27.ff. however, when minimising it, I came across an error like this:
Command line:
  mdrun -s em.tpr -deffnm em -v

Back Off! I just backed up em.log to ./#em.log.1#
Reading file em.tpr, VERSION 5.0.4 (single precision)
Using 1 MPI thread
Using 8 OpenMP threads

Back Off! I just backed up em.trr to ./#em.trr.1#

Back Off! I just backed up em.edr to ./#em.edr.1#

Low-Memory BFGS Minimizer:
   Tolerance (Fmax)   =  1.00000e+00
   Number of steps    =        50000
Using 10 BFGS correction steps.

   F-max             =          inf on atom 30262
   F-Norm            =         -nan

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
tm at tm-HP-Z420-Workstation:~/bmp2$

I searched the mailing list, and found that you said that there is something catastrophically wrong with the input structure. But, it can be minimised using the original charm27 force field in Gromacs when I consider the ion as MG and CAL.
Does this mean that there is something wrong with my modified charmm27.ff?

Thanks.