[gmx-users] GMX 5.0.4 gmx gangle to choose the normal vector of a plane

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:44:46 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM, LIANG Xujun <Xujun.LIANG at cea.fr> wrote:

> Dear Mark,
> >>Can't you get the angle you want by subtracting the one you have from 90?
> I've tried to solve by add 90, but I found that sometimes it's adding 90,
> sometimes it's subtracting, depending on the positions of the two planes?

There's only one angle between a vector and a plane (which was what you
originally asked about). By definition of the normal vector of a plane,
that angle is 90 minus the angle between that vector and the plane's
normal. So it seems like something is missing in your explanation (or my
understanding).

Mark

Xujun