[gmx-users] Tetrahydrofuran OPLS-AA forcefield

André Farias de Moura moura at ufscar.br
Tue Apr 21 20:07:14 CEST 2015

Hi Marie,

Topologies are much of a handcraft: I just read the description of atoms
types within the OPLSAA GROMACS file and those types just seemed to match
the chemical classification of the atoms comprising THF. You just need to
check if atomic charges add up to zero, because otherwise you might be
assigning some wrong atom types. If you're still not confident about the
choices you've made, run a pure liquid simulation and check some standard
thermodynamic properties, for instance density and heat of vaporization.

I hope it helps.

best,

Andre

ps: please keep discussion within the list, so others may benefit from it
as well.

--

Prof. Dr. André Farias de Moura
Department of Chemistry