[gmx-users] Maximum Force constant for Position Restraints

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 21:40:53 CEST 2015

No, it does not depend on the system content, aside from the mass of the
particle.
For a simulation requiring numerical integration in time, there is a limit,
and I just estimated it above. For the real world, the limit is that
there's no such thing as a harmonic position restraint. :)
If you want to be really hardcore about it, and still assume there _is_
such a thing as harmonic restraints, then the "timestep" of the real world
is your Planck's time. :)

Alex