[gmx-users] Extraction of the pdb data from the g_shame diagrams

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Apr 22 14:14:59 CEST 2015

On 4/21/15 1:24 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> and what the most trivial way to find correspondence of the line in
> the data file to what I actually see on the its graph (projection)  ?
> Sorry I'm not an expert of xmgrace so it might seems for you trivial
> :)

It's nothing to do with XmGrace.  The g_sham surface is a 2-D histogram.  If you
identify a spot on the surface that is of interest, you have some window of
values into which the PCs fall.  Parse your data file (the one you input into
g_sham) with any script you like (trivial with Perl, Python, etc) for values in
that range and print out the line number.  That frame should correspond to a
member of that histogram on the surface.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore