[gmx-users] Pull code

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 02:51:49 CEST 2015

Okay, that clarifies it. I wasn't sure, because of your earlier comment,
despite the fact that I was using referenced pull. Indeed, in my case, part
of the system is essentially solid-state, its COM fixed in space, while
other stuff is being moved relative to it.

I was also curious how (in more detail than what the manual says) the
periodic pull worked. I think I would greatly benefit from the ability to
translocate, say, a strand of DNA infinitely across a periodic boundary. As
is, that would never work, because the group's COM would be nearly static,
eventually resulting in huge forces applied to the pulled group. So, if the
periodic option is used, will it be possible to continuously translocate a
linear chain with a length comparable to the corresponding box dimension,
while the rest of the system is non-translating?

Thanks as always.

Alex