[gmx-users] help on Graphene Nano Sheets

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:24:57 CEST 2015

I think we've covered this when I was having the same issue. If you're
trying to simulate a multi-molecule system, then just copy the entire
forcefield .ff folder to your local directory and modify the following
files:

ffbonded.itp
ffnonbonded.itp
atomnames2types.n2t

No need to create rtp entries for graphene/nanotubes, so you can
ignore that part of Andrea's tutorial.

Instead of just "C" in his tutorial, come up with a unique label
to avoid conflicts, which should then also be used in your PDB. Then what I would do is create a topology entry
for just graphene and convert it to a stand-alone itp by stripping off system
definitions. This is basically opening the top file, removing those
definitions and resaving as *.itp.

After that, you can just use pdb2gmx on the remaining
parts of the system and complete the system topology by hand. I know,
this sounds like a lot of manual tweaking, but this is the paradigm.

Good luck!

Alex