[gmx-users] error in umbrella sampling tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 23 23:36:15 CEST 2015

On 4/23/15 8:47 AM, Ayesha Fatima wrote:
> Dear Justin,
> I am learning to use the steered dynamics method implemented in
> gromacs. somehow your website is not accessible today so i cannot

Server has been accessible all day; no idea why it wouldn't be working.

> download the modified files of the fibrils for simulation. so i
> started withe the original file 2BEG.pdb and if i dont select the N
> and C termini modifications i get the error
> There is a dangling bond at at least one of the terminal ends. Fix
> your coordinate file, add a new terminal database entry (.tdb), or
> select the proper existing terminal entry.
>
> Could you guide me through the issue?

You can't sensibly choose "none" for terminal patching if there are no capping
groups.  My coordinates have an acetyl cap on the N-terminus of each peptide,
which is why this works.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629