[gmx-users] a question related to gmx energy minimization

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Mon Apr 27 01:42:42 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,

I mean why the RMSD is such huge. Does it mean in the energy mminimization step the protein has moved from point A to point B which is long long distance away from point A but, although the protein has been continously embedded in water? If the RMSD is above several thousands, it would mean the protein conformation after energy minimization would be absolutely different from the input pdb for the pdb2gmx.

I am looking forward to getting a clarification.

Brett