[gmx-users] CUDA kit for Fedora 21

Raj D gromacs.for.f at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:16:09 CEST 2015

Dear User,
I have very basic knowledge of linux and relatively new to gromacs too, I
have Dell workstation (OS Fedora 21 ) with NVIDIA graphics card available ,
Just two weeks before I have compiled gromacs without knowing its
capability of GPU , ( I used option of quick installation guide  to install
gromacs ) now I would like to install CUDA for GPU version of gromacs in
the workstation.

In NVIDIA website it says package for Fedora 21 is comping up  (
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit) and there is no mentioning of
earlier version of the packages too in the website and in that case what I
supposed to do to get CUDA development kit for now ? and alternatively I
found a webpage called FedoraProject  for cuda (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cuda) and while doing YUM step for
installation cuda package

yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686
it output error
No package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs available.
No package xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i686 available

So is it not possible for Fedora to get CUDA now ?

And if in case I installed CUDA , will it be to uninstall the existing
GROMACS and have to carry out the installation again or is there any
alternative route available ?

Kindly let me know.

Regards,
Raja