[gmx-users] the relationship between mdp file and the force field

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Mon Apr 27 15:01:26 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,

I have read some of the force fields original paper, but my purpose is to use MD to settle some biological issues, thus I am afraid I do not have such deep understanding what explained in the original force field papers.

For Force field 6, here I mean AMBER99SB_ILDNprotein. For the MDP files, I think  AMBER99SB_ILDNprotein force field, AMBER99SB protein, AMBER 99 protein, AMBER 96 protein can have the same mdp files, GROMOS96 43a1, 43a2, 45a3, 53a3, 53a5,53a6,54a7 can have the same MDP files, am I right? If we modified based on the on-line lysozyme tutorial, what items should we modify based on the original lysozyme mdp diles?

In addition, for biological research, can we definetely say GROMOS96 54a7 is better than the other versions of GROMOS96? In comparision with the GROMOS series, what is the advantages and disavantages of OPLS-AA/L all-atom force field?

I am looking forward to getting a reply from you.

Best regards.

Brett