[gmx-users] help on Graphene Nano Sheets

Marcello Cammarata marcello.cammarata at unipa.it
Wed Apr 29 19:07:04 CEST 2015

I am still in trouble with Graphene layers.
I study come aspects about bond, dihedral and improper dihedral from
blog and manuals.
My layer of grafene, and my nanotube still go to collapse, during a em
simulation.

I did not find nothing about the all_dihedral parameter in bondedtype,
in rpt file, I try to copy my force field set suggested from Minoia in
all itp files: forcefield ffbonded and ffnonbonded,
i try to change parameters in dihedrals from 1 to 3, and in RemoveDih
from 0 to 1. I try to add periodic_molecules=yes in mdp file, but i am
still away from my goal.

Sorry Alex, you said that i don't have to change the dihedrals from 1 to
3 in the top file, but with if i don't change it i always get the
error:  No default Proper Dih. types, for all 168 dihedrals,
also you suggest to add something in ffbonded.itp but i don't know what.

An other thing that i want to try is to block one side of the graphene
layer, i was surfing on line and i find this:

[ moleculetype]
This_one

[ position_restraints ]
; ai  funct  fcx    fcy    fcz
    1    1    1000   1000   1000   ; restrains to a point
    2    1    1000      0   1000   ; restrains to a line (y-axis)
    2    1    1000      0      0   ; restrains to a plane (y-z-plane)

so that means that i have to call differently the atoms that are in the
bourdary side that i want block?
How i can choose the parameters fcx fcy and fcz? what these value stand for?

Bests.

--
Marcello Cammarata, Ph.D.
3208790796