[gmx-users] Regarding-virtual-sites-tutorial

sujithkakkat . sujithks58 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 01:08:46 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,

I am following your tutorial about CO2 topology using virtual sites.

I find that in the topology provided, you have not reassigned the particle
type as virtual (V) for the C and O atoms (which are treated as the virtual
sites in the model). Instead, they are directly selected from the OPLSAA
forcefield files, in which the particle type is always 'A'.

I was wondering if the choice of particle type has any effect on the
results.
Please comment.

Regards
Sujith.