[gmx-users] Regarding-virtual-sites-tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Aug 2 01:14:00 CEST 2015

On 8/1/15 7:08 PM, sujithkakkat . wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> I am following your tutorial about CO2 topology using virtual sites.
>
> I find that in the topology provided, you have not reassigned the particle
> type as virtual (V) for the C and O atoms (which are treated as the virtual
> sites in the model). Instead, they are directly selected from the OPLSAA
> forcefield files, in which the particle type is always 'A'.
>
> I was wondering if the choice of particle type has any effect on the
> results.
> Please comment.

No idea. I never checked to see whether the CO2 model is physically sensible at
all (and I do warn about this fact in the tutorial).  It's just a very simple
demonstration of how to calculate constructing constants and the math behind the
moment of inertia stuff, since for a while it was a common question on the
mailing list.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629