[gmx-users] High speed performance

Kutzner, Carsten ckutzne at gwdg.de
Mon Aug 3 15:15:03 CEST 2015

Hi Asma,

whether your performance is good/expected depends on some other
parameters you have not mentioned. What time step length do you
use? What electrostatics method? What do you mean by “CPU with
5 nodes?”, I assume you are using 5 MPI ranks on a 40 core CPU?

http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.00898 is a benchmark study with larger
MD systems, however you might find your CPU configuration in one
of the tables and could at least estimate the performance for
your smaller system.

Best,
  Carsten