[gmx-users] Solvatebox from itp GAFF organic solvents and amber solute.

Sharapa dmitriy.sharapa at fau.de
Wed Aug 5 22:32:17 CEST 2015

Perhaps my explanation is very confusing, while i am trying to solve at
least three problems at the same time.

1) I would like to use equilibrated solvent from virtualchemistry, not
to get more errors by equilibrating attempts. Seems i can use "solvate"
similar to http://blog.sciencenet.cn/blog-365047-808554.html (where was
genbox as previous version) (i do not need mixing solvents, i saw your
hexane-water tutorial, i am trying to understand them all at the same
time). Anyway attempts to give to "solvate" a itp topology, like it was
done in chinease manual for top file for genbox fails. Seems now its
separated to "include", I'll read manual about that.
2) Single molecule - my solute. For which i have gaff topologies
generated in Amber. I hope to use amb2gmx.pl to get sometopology that i
can "include" after "insert-molecules" of my solute into the box of
solvent that i describe in point 1.
3) Usage of GAFF in a simulation. This i will try to understand if i
will manage to prepare box with solute and solvent and some sencefull
topologies.

Yes, i understand that for you its probably just usage of few trivial
commands, but i am more used to another part of computational chemistry
and so syntax and logic of Amber and Gromacs are very new, specific and
confusing for me.

Thanks a lot for your advices.