[gmx-users] LINC warning after long time simulations

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Tue Dec 1 14:20:10 CET 2015

A few things to check when trying to figure out the origin of the LINCS error that occurs only after a long run:

1) What is your time step?
2) If you restart from a previous checkpoint does the same error occur?
3) What are your LINCS settings?
4) Do you see any unphysical behavior prior to the LINCS warning?
5) At the frame with the Warning what does the structure look like? Do you have any obvious clashes? Is it your lipids that are having the LINCS error or something else (do you have a protein in your simulation interaction with the lipids)?

Even if the crash is due to something subtle, you can typically figure out what is wrong by checking the above and carefully adjusting where necessary. Good Luck.

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics