[gmx-users] Fwd: Help with Gromacs 5.1 mdp options for CHARMM27 force field

Rakesh Ramachandran korenpol3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 12:56:15 CET 2015

Hi Justin,

   Thanks for the reply. I have doubts regarding pdb2gmx options are
the chargegrp and cmap options required while generating topology file when
using CHARMM36 force field and do these options have any effect.

   Moreover I saw in your recent paper "Phosphorylation of PPARγ Affects
the Collective Motions of the PPARγ-RXRα-DNA Complex", you had used H++ web
server to assign protonation state. The server generates only PDB file and
AMBER topology file so how can I use this in Gromacs. I would be grateful
if you could share the code or script for PCA based energy landscape
generation shown in your paper as I am also interested in the collective
dynamics.

   Also I want to retain crystallographic water and ions, but I see the box
size increases and also see that the naming is different HOH for
crystallographic water and SOL for TIP3P.  Will this have any effect or is
it always better to remove any crystallographic water or ions before
simulating.