[gmx-users] Methanol geometry parameters

Peter Stern peter.stern at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Dec 3 17:08:15 CET 2015

The force field parameters are defined in ffbonded.itp and ffnonbonded.itp.
You still need starting coordinates for your molecule.
There are plenty of programs which will do this, but you can probably find it in some pdb entry.
But, it is also trivial to do by hand since there are only two atoms and you know the C-O bond distance, e.g.:
HETATM    1  C   MOH  1  1       0.000   0.000   1.410  1.00  1.00
HETATM    2  O  MOH  1  1       0.000   0.000   0.000  1.00  1.00

You should use an existing pdb or gro file as a template for the correct format.  gmx pdb2gmx will add the H-atoms.

Peter Stern