[gmx-users] rm command.

Igaev, Maxim maxim.igaev at mpibpc.mpg.de
Fri Dec 4 09:48:38 CET 2015

Hi Elsaid,

this question is not really related to Gromacs but I maybe see a typo in your example command: rm/prssssss/sss/topol.top
Isn't there supposed to be a whitespace between rm and the rest? Did you try that?

In case "rm" really doen't work, you can always delete files with "find". Just go to the folder in which your files are and type:

find . -name "*.top" -type f -delete

This command will delete all files with *.top at the end. If you want to delete only one particular file, exchange "*.top" by "myfile.top".

Cheers,
Maxim