[gmx-users] Warning in the em.

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:44:33 CET 2015

Dear Surya,

Which part of the text are you referring to? There's nothing particularly
wrong with it.

First paragraph is about not reaching the requested precision for the
maximum force, which may be due to the fact that it can't get any lower for
your system. This happens, and is not necessarily wrong.

Then you get a comment about how using double precision is meaningless when
prepping your simulation.

The final notes just point towards the fact that your minimization had an
imbalanced load between CPU and GPU. *If your PME settings are sound*,
there's not much to worry here. It only has consequences in terms of
performance, it doesn't affect the minimization *per se*. It just takes
longer to finish.

Finally, you have Arieh Warshel making what is, in my opinion, a silly
comment. But he won the Nobel, which sort of automatically validates
anything he says (just kidding guys!).

Best regards,
João