[gmx-users] Methanol geometry parameters

Barnett, James W jbarnet4 at tulane.edu
Fri Dec 4 12:50:46 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 09:43 +0100, Daniele Veclani wrote:
> Dear Peter Stern.
>
> Yes, I need the starting coordination for methanol, but are there specific
> coordinates like for spce water or tip3p water?
>
> Where can I find the files .gro or .pdb for methanol ?

Creating a methanol pdb file should be quick with a program like Avogadro or
maybe AmberTool's xleap. Then use "gmx solvate" to get coordinates for water.

> Dear Chaban
>
> Similar molecules have already been studied with this methanol.
>
> This Methanol is implemented in opls force field.
>
> I appreciate the time and effort you have spent sorting out that problem.
>
> D.V.

> > On 3 December 2015 at 20:05, Vitaly V. Chaban <vvchaban at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You, perhaps, need to care about *compatibility* of this old methanol and
> > > your solute molecule.
> > >

> > Why? General caution or do you know that there is something wrong with it?
> > Because if I'm not mistaken, it's the same methanol distributed with
> > Gromacs.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Kalev

> > > ffnonbonded.itp.
> > > find
> > and

> > correct

James "Wes" Barnett, Ph.D. Candidate
Louisiana Board of Regents Fellow

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Tulane University
341-B Lindy Boggs Center for Energy and Biotechnology
6823 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, Louisiana 70118-5674
jbarnet4 at tulane.edu