[gmx-users] creating an "infinite" filament with editconf

Igaev, Maxim maxim.igaev at mpibpc.mpg.de
Mon Dec 7 14:06:32 CET 2015

Thanks David, thanks Vitaly for your answers.

@Vitaly: I also thought of this but the number of boundary atoms is too high. I'm afraid of introducing too many artifacts through the freezing.

@David: the default -dd option of mdrun says that gromacs will guess the optimal size of the domains. The same for -npme. Do you mean I should just vary the size of the domains to find an optimal decomposition grid? I rather thought that the parts of my dimer that are not in the box after editconf and genbox should be "put"/"wraped" back into the box somehow...