[gmx-users] constraining secondary structure gmx 5

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Thu Dec 10 17:44:02 CET 2015

Hi,

If the molecules have been parameterized in OPLS/Amber and Charmm, going from Charmm to OPLS/Amber is pretty straightforward, you just to build a topology using the OPLS/Amber atom-types instead of Charmm that correspond to your system (its just an elaborate find/replace exercise). For peptides it is even easier, as you can take your pdb of your peptide and run it through gmx pdb2gmx and select OPLS or Amber instead of Charmm as your force-field and it will generate a .gro file of your peptide and a topology file for the peptide with the proper atomtypes for the force-field.

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics