[gmx-users] parameter for repeating units with cgenff

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:20:28 CET 2015

Hi Justin

Thanks for the explanation. Just few things.

1) When you say " Initial charge fitting would be done on a side chain ..."
you mean using some QM method? Which seems expensive and needs expertise
which I dont have.

2) Also, as you said assigning charges and types with analogy does this
mean I can hand pick types and charges looking (carefully) some residues
available with CHARMM and can directly use them? At the same time, then in
this case, I should satisfy the condition of overall integral charge. Am
just wondering in future if reviewer raises question :)