[gmx-users] trajectory file

Timofey Tyugashev tyugashev at niboch.nsc.ru
Thu Dec 17 05:58:17 CET 2015

16.12.2015 00:55, gromacs.org_gmx-users-request at maillist.sys.kth.se пишет:
>> 04.12.2015 14:43,gromacs.org_gmx-users-request at maillist.sys.kth.se
>> >?????:
>> >You can also read GROMACS trajectories with PyMOL. It offers quite
>> >nice visualisation options.
>> >Use 'load' command to load the coordinate file first, then load the
>> >trajectory itself using 'load_traj' command.
> Only problem with pymol is that it eats very large amount of memory. I
> cannot evel load trajectory of large nucleoprotein complex (~200k atoms
> for complex itself without solvent) if it has ~1000 frames on
> workstation with 64G ram.
Personally  I haven't noticed any qualitative difference in memory
consumption compared with vmd when viewing same .xtc files. It either
works or it does not. But my simulations are different (~5-10k atoms
without solvent and tens of ns on 32G RAM system).
IIRC, there were some options in pymol for processing trajectories.
Maybe they do influence the performance.