[gmx-users] Calculate NMR shift from simulation

Andrea Spitaleri Andrea.Spitaleri at iit.it
Tue Dec 29 10:24:30 CET 2015

Hi,
this task is quite challenging and up to now there are few valid protocols to quantitative correlate simulations with chemical shift calculations. Moreover you are dealing with chemical shift perturbation calculation, I mean the chemical shift variation due to either the dynamics of the system or binding of a ligand or like in your case the change of solvent. In the first case from NMR you get only the average and the correlation is hard to get with MD.

As I said, you can have look to these software to calcualate a posteriori (scripting ...) the chemical shift:

http://shiftx.wishartlab.com/
http://www.shiftx2.ca/
http://casegroup.rutgers.edu/qshifts/about.htm
http://spin.niddk.nih.gov/bax/software/SPARTA+/
https://www.shef.ac.uk/mbb/staff/williamson/shifts

Based on the last approach, you can read these papers to get more details, where the chemical shifts are studied on different solvents:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm701194r
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2012/CE/C2CE25941A#!divAbstract
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2004/CE/b407163h#!divAbstract

HTH