[gmx-users] Problem with constant distance

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 30 03:29:04 CET 2015

On 12/29/15 3:27 AM, Samith Rathnayake wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I just want to run a molecular dynamics simulation in gromacs  with
> maintain a constant distance (like constrain the distance) between  two
> molecules in a specific period of time.(want to maintain the constant
> distance in the entire time period).
>
> ​Is there any way to simulate this kind of system?

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1.1/user-guide/mdp-options.html#com-pulling

Use the "constraint" method to keep the distance fixed, or "umbrella" to
restrain it via a harmonic biasing potential.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore