[gmx-users] Semiisotropic pressure coupling

shivangi nangia shivangi.nangia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:34:34 CET 2015

> Dear Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

The link you have mentioned says the parameters are for GROMACS 5.0

I am using an older version, 4.6.1

Is there another link/suggestions for that version.

Sorry, I forgot to mention.

On trying to use those parameters with my version of GROMACS, I get the
error:

ERROR 1 [file md.mdp, line 78]:
  Invalid enum 'force-switch' for variable vdw-modifier, using
  'Potential-shift-Verlet'
  Next time use one of: 'Potential-shift-Verlet' 'Potential-shift' 'None'
  'Potential-switch' 'Exact-cutoff'

The mdp options manual says:

*Force-switch*Smoothly switches the forces to zero between *rvdw-switch*
 and *rvdw*. This shifts the potential shift over the whole range and
switches it to zero at the cut-off. Note that this is more expensive to
calculate than a plain cut-off and it is not required for energy
conservation, since *Potential-shift* conserves energy just as well

Can I use Potential-shift instead of my version?
Kindly suggesr.
Thanks in advance.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM, shivangi nangia <shivangi.nangia at gmail.com