[gmx-users] Semiisotropic pressure coupling

shivangi nangia shivangi.nangia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:55:41 CET 2015

Dear Justin,

Thanks again for the reply.

I used cutoff scheme=group and vdwtype=shift, but I still get the error,
even though I have not specified any vdw-modifier anywhere in the md file:

 Invalid enum 'force-switch' for variable vdw-modifier, using
  'Potential-shift-Verlet'
  Next time use one of: 'Potential-shift-Verlet' 'Potential-shift' 'None'
  'Potential-switch' 'Exact-cutoff'

.mdp now is: (non bonded interactions in bold)

; RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS

dt                       = 0.002
nsTEPS                   = 25000000 ;50ns

integrator             = md
ld-seed                 = -1

; mode for center of mass motion removal
comm-mode                = Linear
; number of steps for center of mass motion removal
nstcomm                  = 10

; OUTPUT CONTROL OPTIONS
; Output frequency for coords (x), velocities (v) and forces (f)
nstxout                  = 50000
nstvout                  = 50000
energygrps               = Protein     Non-Protein
; Output frequency for energies to log file and energy file
nstlog                   = 100
nstcalcenergy            = -1
nstenergy                = 100

nstxtcout                = 500
xtc-precision            = 1000

; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS
; nblist update frequency
nstlist                  = 1
; ns algorithm (simple or grid)
ns-type                  = Grid
; Periodic boundary conditions: xyz, no, xy
pbc                      = xyz
periodic_molecules       = no
; nblist cut-off
rlist                    = 1.2

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW
; Method for doing electrostatics
coulombtype              = PME
;rcoulomb-switch          = 0
rcoulomb                 = 1.2
fourierspacing           = 0.16
pme_order                = 4
optimize-fft            = yes
;* Method for doing Van der Waals*

*vdw-type                 = shift*
*; cut-off lengths*
*rvdw-switch              = 1.0*
*rvdw                     = 1.2*

*cutoff-scheme = group*
*DispCorr = no*
; OPTIONS FOR BONDS
constraints              = none
; Type of constraint algorithm
constraint-algorithm     = Lincs
lincs-order             = 6

; temperature controls
tcoupl                  = v-rescale
tc-grps                 = Protein       Non-Protein
tau-t                   = 1.0   1.0
ref-t                   = 303    303

; Pressure Controls
pcoupl                  = Parrinello-Rahman
pcoupltype              = semiisotropic
tau-p                   = 1.0
ref-p                   = 1.0 1.0
compressibility         = 4.5e-5 4.5e-5