[gmx-users] Regarding DSSP

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:41:04 CET 2015

Hi,

Exactly what dssp command worked? Your use of do_dssp must be consistent
with that. You must be making a specific error, so general descriptions of
your actions are likely to be counterproductive. :-) Please don't filter
things through your head, because that assumes you are doing the right
things, and the evidence is against that! :-)

Mark

On Feb 17, 2015 1:14 AM, "HANNIBAL LECTER" <hanniballecter13 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, the binary is working on a single pdb file.
>
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

> > On 2/16/15 6:55 PM, HANNIBAL LECTER wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, yes, I actually made a copy and pasted in the /usr/bin
directory as
> >> well. So there IS actually a copy of the same program.
> >>
> >> Yes, my system is 64 bit. Just as a test case, I tried with the 32-bit
> >> version as well. Same error as above.
> >>

> > Does the dssp binary work when you run it on a single .pdb file (as it's
> > designed to do)?  If not, then the binary is (somehow) incompatible with
> > your machine.  Compiling from source would fix that.
> >
> > -Justin

has
'Protein'There

/home/apratim/Programs/gromacs-5.0.4/src/gromacs/gmxana/gmx_do_dssp.c,

I am