[gmx-users] Double counting of h-bonds g_hbond:issue

Udaya Dahal dahal.udaya at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:14:55 CET 2015

Thanks Justin for prompt reply. Actually I calculated for the h_bonds with
same criteria for (angle 30 and distance(D-A) 0.35nm) from VMD, and the
number is lot less for both Polymer water and water water.  I have 193
water molecules and the H-bond from VMD with same criteria gives me 232
H-bonds while GROMACS provides 340.  The value GROMACS provides is better
in the sense that it matches more closely to the experimental value but I
kind of unsure since the visualization (in VMD ) also showed very few bonds.
 It shows like only 5 bonds from vmd calculation(and visualization) in
previously mentioned Polymer water h-bonds.