[gmx-users] simulation of heme along with h2o2

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 19 13:57:45 CET 2015

On 2/19/15 6:44 AM, Sanchaita Rajkhowa wrote:
> Hi, I tried using charmm forcefield to simulate heme but we are getting
> warning messages.
>
> WARNING: atom HA is missing in residue HEME 1500 in the pdb file
> .
> .
> .
>
> for all 30 hydrogens.
>
> Later we tried modifying the aminoacids.hdb as:
>
> HEME    3
> 1       5       HA      CA      N       C       CB
> 1       1       HE1     CE1     CD1     CZ
> 1       1       HE2     CE2     CD2     CZ
>
> But the problem still persists. What should be done?? Please help.

In principle, modification of the .hdb is all that you need to do.  Did your
additions not fix anything?  Or do you just have errors (hopefully fewer) that
persist?  The alternative is to upload the structure to the CHARMM-GUI server.
It will process the whole thing and write a coordinate file that is fully
compliant with the CHARMM force field (and provide GROMACS inputs for you).

-Justin