[gmx-users] Verlet cutoff scheme and implicit solvent with PBC=no

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:29:08 CEST 2015

Hi,

That is indeed a current limitation. There's plans to make infinite cutoffs
possible before we remove the group scheme. Not sure if there is draft code
yet.

The implicit solvation code, even in the group scheme has had essentially
no testing since 4.6 (e.g. search the archives for other such threads), so
I might only trust it running in a single thread. GROMACS 4.5.7 is probably
your best choice.

Mark