[gmx-users] Energy contribution of individual residues

Erik Marklund erik.marklund at chem.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 10:28:28 CEST 2015

Dear Seema,

You do not need to run the simulation anew, you can make use of mdrun -rerun, which uses an existing trajectory but a new tpr file, with new energy groups for instance.

That said, it is often impossible to decompose the energy exactly into separate contributions from, say, individual residues.

Kind regards,
Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Fulford JRF, Somerville College

Department of Chemistry
Physical & Theoretical Chemistry Laboratory
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
OX1 3QZ