[gmx-users] Topology for ready-made membrane protein system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 3 17:47:29 CEST 2015

On 7/3/15 7:56 AM, anu chandra wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I am working with membrane proteins. I have generated the  membrane-protein
> system ( contains lipids, protein, water and ions) with some specification.
> For eg.,  I have positioned  few ions and water molecules at particular
> location using some in-house programs. Now, I would like to generate
> topology for the my system in order to run MD using Gromacs. Since my
> system is ready-made, I cant follow the methodology adopt by Gromcas
> membrane-protein  tutorials.
>
> Hence, can anybody suggest me a way to generate Gromacs inputs files for
> such ready-made membrane-protein systems?

Process the protein with pdb2gmx and add an #include statements for the lipid
topology.  Then modify [molecules] to account for what's actually in the system.
  Water and ion topologies will automatically be #included in the .top written
by pdb2gmx.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629