[gmx-users] pdb2gmx error "residue not found in residue topology database"

Hamisu Aliyu Mohd hamisu.kazaure at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 16:45:04 CEST 2015

Dear gmx-users,

I am really new in this field of endeavour and I am trying investigate the solubility of peptides in organic solvents, I built a simple tripeptide (gly-gly-gly) using Gaussian 5.0 and I convert the output file(.out) to .pdb. I am now trying to use pdb2gmx tool to generate topology for my peptide using GROMOS96 53a6 force field (JCC 2004 vol 25 pag 1656) I was promoted with an error "residue not found in residue topology database” I checked  GROMACS website at http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors I learned the residue must have the same name as in the force field, please I don’t know the naming convention of this force field please HELP.

Thanks
Ali H.
Department of Chemistry
University Dutse