[gmx-users] How to justify when the trajectory reached equilibrium

Qing Lv lvqingjiejie at 163.com
Thu Jul 9 16:30:04 CEST 2015

Thank you, Justin.
I am trying to simulate a protein-ligand complex to see the conformation transition during the simulation... We propose that the receptor pocket may be subject to a conformational change upon ligand-binding, so I want to verify it by MD...
I am really a newbie in molecular simulation and all I did to analysis were time evolution of RMSD, interaction energy, and visualization. I try to do some principal component analysis, but literature said that PCA must be performed after equilibrium...

Could you give me more info on block-averaging, or any other advice that will help?

Best,
Qing