[gmx-users] Simulation with ligand on protein surface

az adam.zalewski at mail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:03:58 CEST 2015

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone had experience/pointers regarding simulating
protein-ligand systems where the interface was heavily surface-exposed ?
I've been running quite a few of those these days with Amber99SB--ildn,
TIP3P, and acpype (i.e. Ambertools) for ligand parametrization, mainly
for the purpose of probing stability of peptidomimetic docking poses
(10-50ns; aside from the force-field I follow Justin Lemkul's tutorial
quite closely). Having however noticed that some of my reference ligands
(i.e. ones with crystallographic/NMR data) wander away from where they
should remain, I started wondering whether there could be something
wrong with my setup. I obviously understand there's a zillion
possibilities here, but I was still wondering whether there exists some
sort of 'good-practice' for such cases (e.g. choice of force-fields,
equilibration protocols ... anything really). I cannot be the only one
doing this and if anyone has a protocol that served them well in the
past, I'd love to learn about it.

Cheers,
Adam

PS. Links to literature or existing discussions are equally appreciated.