[gmx-users] Dihedral copying from itp to ff

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 06:20:30 CEST 2015

Dear Justin and Mark,

I also need to impose a distance restraints between COM of protein active
site residues and COM of a ligand. But the problem is I am using an .itp
file generated from acpype. While I use it externally I can not impose the
distance restraints between the protein and the ligand. Then, I tried to
include the parameters of the ligand to specific files present in the
amber99sb-ildn directory.

I tried the following,
atomtypes.atp => atomtypes (gaff) of the ligand molecule are appended.
aminoacids.rtp => generated a new .rtp entry for the ligand molecule,
ffnonbonded.itp => non-bonded parameters are appended
ffbonded.itp     => copied and pasted the bond, angle parameters

Now, the problem I am facing with the dihedral, the implementations of RB
type (type 3) and proper dihedral type 9.
It seems pdb2gmx does not read the dihedrals specified in the ffbonded.itp
for the ligand molecule.

Would you like to suggest me something related to this?

@ Raja
Could you able to merge the force-field parameter files?

Thanks,
Tarak